Most states offer free fishing days. These are days where anglers are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license. National Fishing and Boating Week, a national celebration of fishing and boating, takes place the first week of June every year.
This year it will be Saturday April 2nd and Sunday April 3rd.
Free fishing days are a perfect opportunity for beginners to try out fishing for the first time. If you already have a fishing license, consider taking a friend or family member who has never been fishing, out on the water for the day!
The days for Florida are…
License-free freshwater days
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in April
- Second consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June
License-free saltwater days
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June
- First Saturday in September
- Saturday following Thanksgiving