Tallahassee’s Independent Cinemas and Theaters
Tallahassee has quite a few Independent Cinemas and Theaters which are a great way to experience something a little different.
Here a few you can check out…
- All Saints Cinema: “The Tallahassee Film Society was formed for the purpose of bringing foreign and American independent films to the Tallahassee area.”
- Monticello Opera House: “A historic theater in Monticello featuring musical performances and local theater.”
- Ruby Diamond Auditorium: “The primary performance venue for Florida State University.”
- Student Life Cinema: “Florida State University’s Student Life Cinema (located in the Askew Student Life Center) is one of the nation’s leading campus film programs, featuring five to six nights a week of everything from the most recent blockbuster movies to documentaries, alternative and foreign films, to restored cinema classics.” General Public permitted.
- Theatre Tallahassee: “Serving the community since 1949, Theatre Tallahassee has been a leader in professional-caliber community theater featuring your friends and neighbors.” Currently showing Avenue Q.
- Young Actors Theater: “YAT is a non-profit youth theatre and school for the performing arts founded in 1975. YAT provides quality theatre and theatre education to the community.”